A simple process with beautiful results
Share your dream
Realizing your home design dream, whether it’s a custom home design or a renovation design, begins with a free in-person meeting at our office or in your home. During this meeting, we will get to know you and you will get to know more about us and our process.
We want to know more about you and your ideal home so we can make it a reality!
- Are there any special design features that you would like?
- Are there any homes that you have seen that you love?
- What do you love most about your property?
- What do you love most about your current home?
- What isn’t working for you in your current home?
We will look at inspirational photos and learn more about you and your property so your new home, or newly renovated home, fits your lifestyle. This is your opportunity to tell us what you’re looking for:
- Space for entertaining
- A kitchen designed for food prep
- Space for your toys or vehicles
- A custom-designed workshop
- More storage
- A welcoming place for guests
- A home theater
- A place for outdoor entertaining
We will talk through your ideas and discuss any rough sketches or floorplans that you may have.
If you are looking for a renovation, we will also:
- Take photos of your home
- Discuss what you would like to accomplish with the renovation and make suggestions
- Do a general assessment of the condition of your home, including the visible structure, and provide feedback on any challenges with accomplishing the desired changes
Throughout this process, you are given the opportunity to work with us to make changes to the design to ensure that we get it just right.
For a home renovation, the first step is to measure your existing home.
For a custom designed home and a home renovation, we will draw a site plan to begin figuring out how the home will fit on the property. We will use the information gathered from our discussions, rough sketches, and sample photos to start modelling the home in 3D.
We will meet to review this preliminary conceptual model. You will have the opportunity to view the first draft of the house design, complete with floorplans and exterior views of the home. We can also do a basic 3D walkthrough so you can get a feel for the space.
Once you are satisfied with the preliminary design, we will add the details required to build or renovate the home of your dreams. Overall structure of the home, detailed building sections, foundations plans, and roof plans are the types of technical details that we will handle at this stage.
We ensure that B.C. building codes are considered and will coordinate with engineers and contractors as needed.
Congratulations! Your custom home or renovations plans are now ready for building permit application and construction.
We will hand off the plans to you or your contraction so you can apply for the building permit. Don’t worry, we can certainly help as needed, and will be available to answer any questions that may arise as your contractor builds or renovates your home.
We are available to address any questions and concern at any time and will be with you until your dream home becomes a reality.